Monday, September 27, 2010

Playground Time - Day 10

The hermies have been a little anti-social lately.  Of course, I've been really busy the past week, so I haven't spent hardly any time with them, other than giving them food and changing their water.

So today, I took Edlie and Tiger out of their tank and placed them in their playground!  Tiger had a blast crawling on the pile of rocks and Edlie pretended to be a bulldozer.  She literally pushed all the toys to one side of the box!  While they had fun, I also did my school at the same time.  I'm going to try to do this everyday now.  Put them in their playground while I do my school in the morning.

Maui is still buried in the MT and today is Day 10.  Yesterday, when I was misting the MT, I noticed a little hole in the sand.  I figured that it must be where Maui was buried, so I didn't touch it.  Today when I misted the tank, I gently spritzed the little hole and part of it collapsed!! Oh no!!  Hermies like total darkness when molting, so I took an extra water-bowl shell and gently placed it over the hole to keep things dark.  I just hope that little Maui is doing a-okay under there.  Of course, she's done this before, so I'll just continue to let nature take it's course.

No comments:

Post a Comment