Friday, October 8, 2010

It's time to celebrate!

I am very happy to announce that just a few hours ago, my older sister went into my room and found Maui sitting atop the sand in the MT!  She called to the rest of my family, and all of us raced up the stairs and into my room.  True enough, there was Maui looking pleased with herself.

I must admit that I was beginning to get worried, and I wondered if she had died or something awful like that! Yesterday was Day 20, so we're all very please that Maui has decided to join the surface world again.  We looked to see if we could find any of her exoskeleton(we didn't) and we placed Maui back into the tank.  Currently, she's still sitting on top of the shelf.  I'm hoping that I'll catch when she moves down and rejoins Tiger and Edlie.

As a side note, I've been thinking that I should get a couple more crabs.  Edlie and Tiger were very lethargic and slept most of the time while Maui was gone, so I think another crab might stir things up a bit. In a good way, of course!  A larger family will keep things more active and alive, and since hermit crabs are very social, it would do them some good.  However, I don't think I'll get another crab until after or during Christmas.  Probably after, since the Christmas season is so hectic in my family!

Anyway, a great big "Welcome back!" goes to Maui for her return!

No comments:

Post a Comment